Saturday, February 5, 2011

TUTU and TUNIC second birthday party

Love Bug turns two this month, and we celebrated with a TUTU and TUNIC party. I saw some ideas on the Internet that were absolutely adorable, and of course did my own spin on it. Some people have done at Tutu and ties party, but I like the idea of tunics better. Each guest was given either a tutu or a tunic to wear.

The cake. It wasn't what I set out to do, but this is what I had time for. A two wearing a tutu.
 All the guests had cupcakes with these cute tutus on them. It's fondant skirts and straps, and candy hearts from the Wilton bracelet making set out for Valentines Day. I used pink pearl powder with clear vanilla to paint them shimmery. I also made them earlier in the week, so they were har-ard!
 We did photo mobiles of Love Bug "growing up" (ha! all two years of it)
 This was the spread. I tried to think of foods that reminded me of Tutu's, and then threw a little nutrition in there too. Do you know how many sweet treats qualify as tutu-like?? I had to cut waaaay back on my planning list!

 Cotton candy....of course! It's fluffy and delightful.

 In the left corner there you can see where I hung up the tutus and tunics for the guests as they arrived. I made them to size, so I had little labels on them to keep track of who they were for.
 We also had cupcakes for the parents.
 These are lemon and strawberry swirl cookies (from Safeway). Very tutu looking if you ask me.

Mini sandwiches, cut in a flower shape (that qualifies as a tutu shape...doesn't it??) 

Pink fluffy marshmallow pops!! I had grandeur plans for these, but time got the best of me. 
Tutu tacos for the grown-ups. I just pushed warm tortillas into large muffin tins and cooked at 350 for 10 minutes. Then pull them out at carefully put a child size cup inside them to open them up more. Remove them when cool.

And the banner.


 Tutus!! I did the easy version of tying tulle onto elastic.
 The tunics. Again, as easy as you can get. It's fleece, cut down to approximately 18 inches wide by 40 inches long. Fold in half. Cut out a circle. Then I used adhesive felt for the emblem. The name tags were made with my nifty new Silhouette SD :)
 We played tutu bowling.
 And tutu basketball.
 I made tutu purses for the girls and had foam swords (Target $ zone) for the boys. I used satin and medium weight interfacing for the tutus. Rectangle shape big enough around for the circle I happened to have. If you really want to know how to make them, leave me a comment.
That was the party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment